Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installation in to an A2, Symphony to RNS-E and BT telephone installation.

The lovely A2

Hand cut to install into the A2

The Telephone dialling screen

The inbuilt microphone

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Looks great. Did you use the A6 unit? And I guess the phone interface still has to get configured b=prior install, correct?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's an A6 unit, I had to go and find gala from the cluster. And then cut the A6 to size once I'd tested it electronically.

And yes the phone module was preprogrammed as this car still has K-line.

I managed to install the phone module behind the RNS-E, quite a lot of room back there.

Craig

·
Registered
380 Posts
craigyb said:
Yes, it's an A6 unit, I had to go and find gala from the cluster. And then cut the A6 to size once I'd tested it electronically.

I managed to install the phone module behind the RNS-E, quite a lot of room back there.

Craig
Hi craigyb,
sorry to bother, but which is the reason you chose an A6 unit instead of an A4 ? Is this because of the trimming the unit to the right size which could be simpler, or because A4 units do not fit at all ?

I have my "C" unit which could be used in my wife's A2 if I cannot sell it for the money I hope. But it comes from my B7 A4...

On "preprogrammed" matter I think I need further investigations from both you and Dirk, but I'll use PM at first...

Thanks.
Mix

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You cannot use the A4 unit in the A2, the A6 can use the gala signal available from the cluster. So teh A6 is the only choice really.

Either one would need to be cut down to fit, but the A6 is the only choice and they are cheaper to buy.

Craig

·
Registered
59 Posts
hello craigyb, really nice work you've done it!!

I have an A3 from February 2001 with single Dim Concert 1 in it... no Can-Bus...

can I put in it on of these? I was thinking to put de cD-based, but now i've seen the RNS-E, it looks great!

What would you recommend? A4 or A6 RNS-E?

I only understand of fisical instalations... the electrical part I don't understand nothing... what is the GALA? And cluster?

greetings

·
Registered
82 Posts
craigyb said:

Craig
does this car has a can bus?how did you programm the car?i mean which codes in which modules you inserted?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes this car has canbus, its a 2004 car.

I used an A6 module, so I couldpick up speed pulse from the cluster

Its programmed as an A6 05xxxxxx

Regards

Craig

·
Registered
82 Posts
craigyb said:
yes this car has canbus, its a 2004 car.

I used an A6 module, so I couldpick up speed pulse from the cluster

Its programmed as an A6 05xxxxxx

Regards

Craig
do you think that my audi s3,modell 2003 will use the same modul!my car has also can bus!except the gala signal,can i use the other signals from can bus?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont intend to go into any detail on this as all the answers are on the forum, but basically you need an A6 nav unit for an A3 8L car.

Code it as an A6, not A3, if you code it A3 it will not work.

Get your gala/speed pulse from the cluster, cant remember which connector / pin off the top of my head. But it is there.

Use canbus for ignition and illumination.

Get the right adaptors for your car, bose/non bose etc and antenna adaptors, test it electrically for functionality and when your happy, physically install it in the car.

That's what I would do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
craigyb said:
I dont intend to go into any detail on this as all the answers are on the forum, but basically you need an A6 nav unit for an A3 8L car.

Code it as an A6, not A3, if you code it A3 it will not work.

Get your gala/speed pulse from the cluster, cant remember which connector / pin off the top of my head. But it is there.

Use canbus for ignition and illumination.

Get the right adaptors for your car, bose/non bose etc and antenna adaptors, test it electrically for functionality and when your happy, physically install it in the car.

That's what I would do.
and something last!

what about the reverse signal?how can i get it?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You dont need it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Back on the subject of the A2 - I have two questions as the wife is considering getting this car.

1) What is in your opinion the best way to hack down the faceplate of the A6 RNS-E to fit the A2 dash?

2) Did you just buy a new climate module or did you shave that down as well?

Cheers Craigy !

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1. With a junior hacksaw and a plane.

2. I didn't have to it was a symphony.

·
Registered
59 Posts
And Up with...

Is it possible to configure an A4 unit to pick Gala signal just programming as an A6 05xxxxxx :?:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts