Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...so I have spent a few hours reading over all the posts on this forum (tons of help btw :) ) However, I have a question. I have a B6 2004 S4 and live in the US. If I buy a EU RNS-E unit (C or D)...how/can I get it to be true US unit? I want the latest maps, satellite radio, and blue tooth. There are a lot of posts about software, disks, updates etc...Since a lot of the original problems have been resolved what now is the process to convert an EU unit to a US unit with full functionality? I appreciate all of the help

-G

P.S. If anyone has read over my other posts…I have given up trying to get a Pioneer unit into my S4 and have decided to spend the extra cash and get the RNS-E :p

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can only recommend you go and get it from one of the people selling them on this forum. They'll do the conversion for you, and they'll code it to your car also. Furthermore, they'll make sure you have the right cable harness. Yes, it is a bit more costly than getting the unit off ebay, but you have peace of mind, and who knows where the units on ebay come from (or, whether you'll ever receive them for that matter -- I've seem many scammers on ebay selling RNS-E's).

Anyways, my two cents.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I agree with weirded, the easiest and safest way is got a euro unit from one of the trusted sellers. If you don't you will need a VAG-COM, the original US DVD, a computer with CD writer adn some hex file editor. If you decide to go that route and have some computer skills, post here when you are ready. It's not that comlicate to convert a Euro unit to an US unit but what you have to do depends on what you get exactly.

You may already know that from the other posts but you will need to get a RNS-E compatible SAT receiver and the external BT phone interface if you want to retrofit those devices as well. If you get the adapter harnesses make sure that you order from someone who really knows what he's talking about.

You can wire everything up even though you haven't converted you Euro unit to the US, the base functionality is the same.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I agree... there are a few people around here that make harnesses exactly for what you want to do... it just takes a little looking around to find them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts