Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm halfway through my first trip (6 hour round trip) with the RNS-E installed in my B5 S4 and am VERY happy. I have a couple of questions that a quick search haven't answered -

1. Is there a way to navigate without playing the radio or MP3s? A couple of times I wanted to take a call but leave the NAV (with audio directions) active. To avoid missing some of my MP3's I switched to the radio and turned the volume down but is there a more elegant way? It appears that you can't pause MP3s - did I miss something?

2. I noticed that the settings for voice prompts during NAV is different than the manual I have. The manual has a simple check box for voice prompts but my software version (US 110) has three choices via dropdown - off, on, and auto. What's auto?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The current US software 0110 has no mute function, so turning the volume down in radio mode is you only option. The Euro 0330 software has a mute function (press volume knob once) and hopefully we wil get this eventaully as well.

The AUTO option for the navi voice willl mute the navi voice when you are on a call or receiving a call. With US sw 0040/ Euro sw 0160 or older the navi lady would start talking regardless whether or not you are in a call. That's the same as selecting ON instead of AUTO

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Right now I just have the RNS-E. I had Ted make my harness to support a future addition of bluetooth and SAT radio so I guess I'll have to wait till then to use "auto" for the voice directions mute. I would prefer a pause on the MP3s in place of mute but I guess I can switch to radio and then turn the volume down. All in all I'm thrilled with the upgrade and thankful that I found the forum and the people here who made it possible.

·
Registered
41 Posts
SMF - pressing the volume knob once actually both mutes AND pauses mp3 playback.

·
Registered
530 Posts
^^ On the Euro 330+ firmware..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts