Audi Forum banner

___________ iPod adapter for RNS-E ____________

22K views 62 replies 33 participants last post by  boondocksts 
#1 ·
This is maybe too early for that announcement but work on new iPod adapter is almost finished and modules will be shipped soon. This particular adapter is not made by Audi and I don't know any details yet but I will post more information once I receive first cargo from my supplier.

This adapter will allow to see track information on the screen and will allow control of the ipod via RNS-E buttons.

Price and full functionality and pictures will be announced after I do initial testing.

#4 ·
PROXUS said:
This is maybe too early for that announcement but work on new iPod adapter is almost finished and modules will be shipped soon. This particular adapter is not made by Audi and I don't know any details yet but I will post more information once I receive first cargo from my supplier.

This adapter will allow to see track information on the screen and will allow control of the ipod via RNS-E buttons.

Price and full functionality and pictures will be announced after I do initial testing.
Thats good news because I really want my Ipod info to display on my RNS-E rather then Track01 Track12 and soo on.

#8 ·
I'm very interested in thise and as Teddy said I may/could dump my Phatbox for this. But I really like having 100gb of music at my finger tips though. And since the new US 0150 software and having the MIX feature working like it should have, I'm pretty happy with it lately.

Although I'm very interested in seeing the ID tags on the screen! I only wish the Ipod's came in 160gb sizes, then I could fit all of my music on one and this would be a very tempting mod.

#9 ·
Yes definitely interested to see your solution as i have the dension ice-link and they have told me that the cd-changer bus doesnt support the cd text etc. Theres a couple of little things about the kit that i thought would work nicer with the rns-e but oh well.

I'm sure i wouldnt struggle finding a buyer with a pre-rnse deck.

do you intend to have playlist information on screen too? or only working on track details?

#15 ·
Alex,
any preliminary details on how this will interface the RNSE? Will it use the CDC control/data wires or will this go in via the A/V interface?...or maybe a combination of both.

If I had to guess, I would assume that it would use the A/V interface behind the RNSE and mask the controls of the OEM TV tuner for changing channels/tracks etc. Similar to any oem emulation device.

Thanks!

#19 ·
TeddyBGame said:
Alex,
any preliminary details on how this will interface the RNSE? Will it use the CDC control/data wires or will this go in via the A/V interface?...or maybe a combination of both.

If I had to guess, I would assume that it would use the A/V interface behind the RNSE and mask the controls of the OEM TV tuner for changing channels/tracks etc. Similar to any oem emulation device.

Thanks!
I don't have details yet but I think it is CDC / CAN based setup

#26 ·
PROXUS said:
otisore said:
This would be fantastic. I definitely want one. Is this just a MM adapter that will be attached to the RNS-E Multimedia player that I recently purchased from you, or is it an all new system?
It is separate adapter, but you can connect iPod video to existing setup you have (via AV cables)
Alex, forgive me for my ignorance. I understand that I can currently connect iPod through the AV cables that I have now, but I am interested in getting the text and video to display on the RNS-E screen, which is why this new setup sounds so interesting. Is it all possible to use the new adater with my current setup? Thanks for all your patience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.