Audi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently have started the adventure of installing a b7 RNS-E in my 99 a4. Alot of the info on RNS-E swaps pertains to cars post 2000. I don't know if that makes too much of difference but I figured I would check. So far I have a GPS Antenna and Various Trim pieces to make things look nice with some modification. I have read that I would need a can bus adapter in order for the RNS-E to sync with the analog clock is that the only function that the can bus serves? I currently have an aftermarket pioneer radio installed so my original factory harness plug is no longer there so one of the plug and play type adapters wouldn't work in my case. I'm guessing I can just look up both wiring diagrams and put the proper things together?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The canbus is also used for the lights and acc signal and steering wheel controls if you had that.

Does the original harness had the 3 or 4 plugs rather than the quadlock?

I do know that there is a wire behind the cluster that you have to move to a different position, to make it all work.

PM me with your address I do have some harnesses laying around, was about to toss them because they are no longer used, happy to send you one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in the process of ordering a canbus emulator from Germany. I believe the origional harness had 3 or 4 plugs yeah. I'll gladly pm you my adress that would help alot thank you so much! I've read about the cluster wire that you can bring wire into the rns-e but I cant remember what its called. I believe thats only on the facelift cars but I could be wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts