Audi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum and I have a question about my just recently purchased. As the title indicated, I just bought this great running 94' 100 CS sedan with 165K original miles.. The car started after 30 mins of charging the battery after it was parked for 4.5 years outside. Everything works as it should. However, the AC compressor clutch is not quite working, it sort of stop & go.

My question is, can I bypass the AC compressor since I don't think the system still functional efficiently if I replaced the AC compressor and besides, I am still in school and don't have a whole lot of money like $350 for a rebuilt AC compressor. I don't mind driving with the sunroof or the windows open... So, if I bypass the AC compressor, what's the size of the serpentine belt do I buy since I seen online that there is only one size for my car.

Please let me know if you have done this before or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have successfully bypass the AC compressor with a short belt. The AC compressor is still in place so that I don't contaminate the system by having the hoses wide open. It took a small modification and 4 trips back to O'Reily's to measure up the serpentein belt.

All is good now...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts