Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Using a Nokia 6320i with my car which works absolutely perfectly, in or out of the cradle. Full call list and phonebook synchronisation and all is well.

Except one in a while (once every week or two) it goes a bit bonkers. The phone will be in the cradle and all of a sudden it connects to the car via bluetooth, then 10-15 seconds later it'll disconnect again. It's almost as if the car has lost the hardwired connection to the handset via the cradle and thus reverts to bluetooth. Once this happens the bluetooth will continue to connect and disconnect sporadically until I switch the handset off and on again. This makes me thing it's the phone that's going a bit nuts as a reset cures it.

I'm curious as to whether anyone else with a 6230i (or 8800 which I believe is very similar) has experienced anything like this and also what firmware version 6230i users have, whether they get the problem or not. I'm currently using V03.70 (9/1/06) and if an upgrade will cure this problem then I'll get it done but, as it works so well generally, I don't want to rush into an upgrade if later firmwares have bigger issues.

Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Same shame

Hi Vertigo1,

I have the same problems with my S4 and the phone cradle in the armrest...

Tomorrow I'll chech the details of the phone (which is sleeping in the car now) and I'll report them.

I thought I was the "Murphy's Law Demo Unit"...

Try to explain and reproduce this to your Audi Dealer: they offer you a coffee and ask if you need a taxi to go home...

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Telephone

Hello guys,

Are you using cullman cardle in the armrest, because i have an rns-e unit, a cullman cardle in the armrest and nokia 6230i but the i have telephone not installed message in rns-e tel section and when i receive a phone call the head unit just mute.
I cannot use any option.

How did you make it work guys?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts