Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other german makes, with similiar systems than Audi, like MB and BMW, are upgrading their DVD systems to display 3D map views with some software cd/dvd updates!

Any thing known for Audi soon???

Other makes also use navteq dvd maps, are the software systems similiar?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The RNS-E EU software already has a 3D map option.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hummm, for the C6 I didn't heard anything yet...

Update available only at the dealer or is web findable? :p
Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I'm pretty certain the EU MMI software also includes the 3D map option.

Certainly with the RNS-E US software even the latest version (2A DVD) does not include this, so it's certainly possible that the MMI US software also does not offer it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I have 2006 a3 (canada) and the RNS-E has a 3d map view selection in the settings menu. can't recall the menu title, but i believe it is 3rd or 4th down in the list when you hit settings while in the nav screen. it switches from the flat map look a 3d view

·
Registered
12 Posts
PetrolDave said:
The RNS-E EU software already has a 3D map option.
I thought 3D View Option was standard with 2006 version 1 or 2 maps. I purchased a US "J" unit from Ebay - european seller - and the copy of the map disc they provided 2006_1 has the data to allow 3D View which is what I use as the default. So, are you guys saying that the EU modified to US spec don't have this :?:

BTW - I installed this in a 2001 A8L and it works great.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
This is 3D and doesn't exist yet:

This is the birds eye highway exit that only exist in the European software
[siteimg:d749afb92f]116[/siteimg:d749afb92f]

And this is the normal birds eye view that exist in all RNS-E software versions:

compared to the standard 2D view:
[siteimg:d749afb92f]475[/siteimg:d749afb92f]

·
Registered
12 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
That is a version of 3D but there is current day 3D and there is an option in the current RNS-E menu that allows such. Nothing like you show above but none-the-less it is an active menu selection on my US "J" version RNS-E.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
That's a whole lot more than 3D - that's integrated with satellite and/or aerial photographs.

Wasn't there a report a few months back that VAG and Google were working to integrate Google Earth into a future generation of sat nav systems for VAG vehicles?

·
Registered
74 Posts
PetrolDave said:
AudiA4B6US said:
That's a whole lot more than 3D - that's integrated with satellite and/or aerial photographs.

Wasn't there a report a few months back that VAG and Google were working to integrate Google Earth into a future generation of sat nav systems for VAG vehicles?
Look at the bottom right of the image. Notice the 2 logos?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am sure I have 3d in mine. EU Version "K" (SW 500)

Ps. It deffo not the one pictured above LOL.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That bird's eye "highway exit" view looks pretty damn cool, never seen that before. Does it exist in all European software? Does it give you an image like that for every junction or just some types?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts