Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i live in Poland. Half year ago i bought A6 C6 2010 3.0 TFSI CCAA from USA. Its amaziny car but one month ago i heard first cold start rapple :eek:. Right now it's rappling around 3-20 seconds. I found workshop witch one can change timing chain. But unfortunately every shops in Poland don't have full timing chain kit. They just have single parts. Could someone can tell me what parts are most important? They have 3 tensionners, 2 blockers, 4 chains and 2 circles (injection pump) . Something else is important? I'm seeing a lot of comments about changing oil valve and oil. Right now I have AMS 5w40. Which oil is best for this engine in your mind? To change oil valve i need to take off just compressor? Changing valves without tensionners have sense?

·
Registered
2013 allroad
2 Posts
I had the same issue with a 4.2 that had 120k miles on it. The chains between the intake and exhaust cams have a small valve that maintains oil pressure to keep those chains tight. They can stick open and allow the chains to get slack. I used some hot shots secret stiction eliminator. This removed the deposits that were keeping these little valves open.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@hahnmgh63
Thanks, could you tell me where you found this tsb? I'm looking for description about longer rappling. There is probably more dangerous problem with TC. When i will take out engine i want do everything what is necessary.
@Duanus
Tanks i have question. How engine works after next oil change? Problem didn't go back?

·
Registered
2013 allroad
2 Posts
I found it on Amazon. i only added it the one time. the issue did not return. it may have after I sold it...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just Google 3.0 TSB timing tensioners. There had been talk about the issue on Audizine. I know on pretty much all of the newer engines that uses small oil regulating valves and plastic chain guides it is important to use the best oil you can and change it more often than Audi says. Audi doesn't care after your engine reached 50,000mi as it is then out of warranty. If you want it to last you need to change it more often that 10,000mi. Search Audi engine oil analysis and you will find that most oils are done by 5k mi./8k Kil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts