Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SQ5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2020 SQ5 with 15K miles and change my own oil. I noticed a leak when I started my second oil change at 14.5K. I brought it in to Raleigh Audi for them to diagnose and unbelievably or not they tried to blame it on me. Saying I must have spilled oil during changing. There was no oil anywhere but the back of the engine where the transmission connects. After three visits they finally agreed it was the rear main seal. It is not a huge leak but there should be no oil leaking from the engine. This process started in November 2021, and it is still not fixed. They finally brought my car in on April 27th 2022 and it is still sitting in the lot waiting for them to fix it. This is ridiculously bad service. They were and are blaming delays on staffing issues and Covid, etc. I am on my fourth Service Manager now; apparently 2 have left.

I am a little worried that my car will not be right after this service. If the mechanics are as bad as the service managers, then I am in trouble. Does anyone have any experience with this type of service on a low mileage Audi; warranty service? I asked if changing the oil is part of this rear main seal replacement and they said no, but I asked if they would and the head mechanic agreed it should be done as there could be debris from the seal.

Not sure if I go to general manager of the dealership and maybe to Audi of America. I just want my car back and feel it may be better to wait until I get it back or to see if there is a problem before taking that route. Any suggestions or input appreciated?

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
2020 SQ5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

I have a 2020 SQ5 with 15K miles and change my own oil. I noticed a leak when I started my second oil change at 14.5K. I brought it in to Raleigh Audi for them to diagnose and unbelievably or not they tried to blame it on me. Saying I must have spilled oil during changing. There was no oil anywhere but the back of the engine where the transmission connects. After three visits they finally agreed it was the rear main seal. It is not a huge leak but there should be no oil leaking from the engine. This process started in November 2021, and it is still not fixed. They finally brought my car in on April 27th 2022 and it is still sitting in the lot waiting for them to fix it. This is ridiculously bad service. They were and are blaming delays on staffing issues and Covid, etc. I am on my fourth Service Manager now; apparently 2 have left.

I am a little worried that my car will not be right after this service. If the mechanics are as bad as the service managers, then I am in trouble. Does anyone have any experience with this type of service on a low mileage Audi; warranty service? I asked if changing the oil is part of this rear main seal replacement and they said no, but I asked if they would and the head mechanic agreed it should be done as there could be debris from the seal.

Not sure if I go to general manager of the dealership and maybe to Audi of America. I just want my car back and feel it may be better to wait until I get it back or to see if there is a problem before taking that route. Any suggestions or input appreciated?

Thanks,

Michael
Hi,

Just wanted to provide an update. They finally notified me my car was ready to pick up and it turns out that after taking the transmission out and examining the rear main seal that it was not bad but they believe the cover around the lower timing chain was not sealed properly and that was causing the oil leak. After talking to the service manager and mechanic, I was told that they sealed the upper and lower timing chain cover and put everything back together. I asked if this included replacing the engine oil but they said they put the oil that came out of the car (it had 7,500 miles on it) back into the engine instead of replacing with new oil because Audi did not cover that. I was shocked at this response, so I'll be performing an oil change this weekend.

After buying a $70,000 high performance car that develops an oil leak after ~15,000 miles that Audi or the dealership would have tried to ensure and assure me that this was an anomaly and stepped up as an elite car manufacturer and dealership should. I was really disappointed in the attitude of the dealership. They were telling that all of this work is covered and no cost to you and smiling as if this is a favor they did for me. Maybe I am expecting too much, but when I owned my Macan, the Porsche dealership care more about my car and my satisfaction. This is the closest Audi dealership and I probably won't go back. Hopefully, won't need to but it would be nice to know I can trust the dealerships work if I need it.

Do others have an opinion on this experience? Is this dealership on par with your experience or is this "normal"? Am I expecting too much?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts