Audi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Forgive me, you guys are way over my head. Would this be something I could retrofit in my B7 S4? I have the OEM RNS-E w/Bose and iPod connection but the lack of true iPod integration drives me nuts...

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Anyway seems that there is no B6/B7/Exeo faceplate, isn't it?
Since the new RNS-E fits the Exeo - which uses the B6/B7 cabrio dash then it seems the new hardware will be available with a B6/B7 face plate.

Anyway faceplates can be swapped - so you could buy a new A3 RNS-E, swap the A4 faceplate from your cirrent RNS-E to create a new A4 RNS-E and sell your old RNS-E with the A3 faceplate!

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Since the new RNS-E fits the Exeo - which uses the B6/B7 cabrio dash then it seems the new hardware will be available with a B6/B7 face plate.

Anyway faceplates can be swapped - so you could buy a new A3 RNS-E, swap the A4 faceplate from your cirrent RNS-E to create a new A4 RNS-E and sell your old RNS-E with the A3 faceplate!
indeed, no issues there, as long as the face plate connections are the same as the current version

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I've found some pictures from the back and label of the 2010 RNS-E, can someone confirm that all the connections are the same as the old RNS-E?

I really want to fit the new hardware in my A4 B7 cabrio, but how about a possible miss of some of the canbus systems? Will the new RNS work just as well as the old one does, and even show the info in the DIS/ work with the MFSW?

Has anyone more information about the new security system, I've read about an online verification witch only the dealer can do, will this verification work in the B7 platform cars, and is the dealer willing to help?

Any seller from here that allready have the unit (EU) in stock and can give some prices?

See attached pics for the connections and the label (TT model)..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I really want to fit the new hardware in my A4 B7 cabrio, but how about a possible miss of some of the canbus systems? Will the new RNS work just as well as the old one does, and even show the info in the DIS/ work with the MFSW?
Provided it still connects to the Infotainment CAN I don't reckon there will be a problem with displaying in the DIS.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
guys, will receive a 2010 TT unit this week, wil do some tests, including hardware connections (whether we can swap the faceplate to make it fit an A4).

keep you updated.

albert

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't know if it's the right thread, but is this AMI for RNS-E?

8P0 057 785 - connection for external audi sources AUDI MUSIC INTERFACE
It should be used for 8P0 035 785, but I don't know what that is...

Price: 366 euro inclusive german tax...

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
hi, for the exisiting ("old") rns-e there's no AMI avialble, only for MMI.

Would youlike to connect an Ipod to the rns-e?

Anyway: I can supply all parts, also the Kufatec shop, but deliver a better service and faster shipping ;-)

·
Registered
578 Posts
hi, for the exisiting ("old") rns-e there's no AMI avialble, only for MMI.

Would youlike to connect an Ipod to the rns-e?

Anyway: I can supply all parts, also the Kufatec shop, but deliver a better service and faster shipping ;-)
I think he is supplying us with the partnumber for the AMI for RNS-E, the most interesting question is if it is working with the "old" RNS-E or if you need the updated one :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
.... the most interesting question is if it is working with the "old" RNS-E or if you need the updated one :D
Correct :D

It could be fun to connect it, but since my ELSA is not updated, I don't have the schematics how to connect it. Could have an idea of 12V, ground, can hi/low, but that would almost be toooo easy :)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
8P0 057 785 is the AMI, 057 is the part sold through the parts department, 035 is factory installed

·
Registered
30 Posts
These threads are killing me, seriously. I'd send Audi 1,500 USD+ right now if I could to get one of these units for my B7 A4.

I even filled out a form once on their website to ask about it, but got the typical Audi-of-America stoopid call back.

41 - 60 of 460 Posts