Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased the latest European DVD, 2006, part number 4E0 919 884 AF which is TMC enabled and links to RAC Trafficmaster in the UK. Now, can anybody tell me if I need to recode the unit to enable it to pick up the trafficmaster data or will it 'just happen'. I noticed that in France recently the TMC graphic became 'un-crossed out' and seemed to be working altough there were no voice or other traffic details.

Thanks a lot

CLIVE

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Clive

In your ealier post you mention symphony to DVD nav upgrade. So have you got a new shape A6 or not? You mention S6? I may be way off but I think you have an RNS-E and the disk you have is useless.

For A6 C6 Owners in the UK...

You car will have to be upgraded for TMC to work unless your car was built after November 2005.

Simply installing the disk will upgrade the Nav system and the TMC icon may light up, but you will not get any TMC until it has been updated by Audi if it was built before November.

Audi will do the upgrade free of charge if you contact AUdi customer services and pester them, as long as your car still has warranty, and I think most new shape A6's will have the 3 years still.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI Craig - UM you are right and I have bought the wrong DVD!! The car is tree years old and I fitted the RNS-E a few months ago. In my enthusiasm to get the upgraded disk I read the post on the new release, ignored the MMI as when my unit is switched on the screen reads Multi Media Interface, so.... Anyhow I am sure that I can re-ebay it and not loose too much money!

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

CLIVE

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also as a matter of interest, what vehicles do the MMI versions go into please?

CLIVE

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
A6, A8 and Q7

Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts