Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been studying this forum for he past month and have a couple of questions.

My car:

2006 Audi A4 B7 Avant
Multifunction steering wheel
Colour DIS
Concert radio
Centre armrest - Not with phone preparation

Please confirm that I need:

• For Bluetooth

o Interface box 8P0 862 335‘?’ - ‘South Africa (UK English / USA English?) what should the last alphabetical character be’

o Microphone 8L1 862 373A

o Bluetooth antenna 8P0 035 503E

o Seeing as though my car is equipped with MFSW, would it already have the wiring harness with 54-pin connector?

o Will the foam insert for the interface box 8E0 035 733B be pre-installed under the seat or must I order one?

o My interior light cover, car NOT equipped with sun roof: does the microphone go behind the rectangular space (typical to pictures posted elsewhere on this site, can't see anything installed behind it) and not the square one (this one seems to have some cloth behind it) - sorry, can't post the picture I have taken...

• Navigation

o I don’t intend to install the RNS-E, but would like the directions to appear on the colour DIS if possible
o What are the options? Can you please help with details of the part numbers & installation location within the vehicle for this setup

I had asked the dealer where I bought the car what was fitted/prepared, but they could not confirm anything. :shock:

Regards

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I just spoke with someone from South Africa last week. He told me that the US bluetooth module would be illiegal there because our bluetooth uses the same frequency as some emergency services there. He told me that he had to use the europe version. I was not aware that there was any difference in bluetooth frequencies between countries, and I cannot personally confirm this statement.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth, but I doubt very much that your car will be pre-wired with the 54pin connector. And you'll also need to feed the microphone wire down the A-pillar from the interior light fitting location. Microphone just clips into place behind the perforated grille part. Black cloth is probably just there for cosmetic reasons.

Your list of parts is correct, but I don't know which part no (suffix letter) you need for your model of car. You can get cable form Kufatec, you only need the basic cable if you don't want the phone adaptor (dashboard bracket)

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
For UK English you probably need a C, F or M suffix Bluetooth module.

Don't know the US "English" suffixes!?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bluetooth

When I called my local dealer, his news to me was that the wireing harness was infact diferent and would need to be changed. the cost of the retrofit (in his opinion) wouldn't be worth it. I'm still asking the same questions you are and if you are able to find the right answers, I would be very interested in making the additions to my 2006 A4.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Ponch

The wiring loom costs about 99 euros from Kufatec and adds to your cars wiring.

A dealer would have to order a complete new radio harness for your car , that is why it is impractical for the dealers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That makes sense, so has anyone goine through the full instal of a nav system and bluetooth in thier 06 A4? Is there someone out there that I can simply purchse the complete package including wires and instructions? :?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all, my local dealership advised that the module for South Africa is model 'G' but that alone will cost more than the whole package provided by Kufatec (Module, harnass, microphone)

I have contacted Kufatec for parts, but after 4 emails they went quiet, and even trying to phone them on the numbers provided on their website did not work as they either don't answer or the number has changed. I am dissapointed by their lack of courtesy. So for now I am giving up on the whole idea.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kufatec is pretty useless...the somehow messed up a simple paypal order for myself and no-one seems to speak english well enough to communicate properly. For other parts try a search for "vag parts ltd" you might find some usefull stuff with them.
Good luck

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got an email from someone who may be able to help.

"Yes, you can update easily to the RNS-E. It's plug&play for your car. The J-unit is the best real original and newest US units you can get. It's
brand new, never used. Production year 2006. Price is USD 1,999 INCLUDING OVERNIGHT/NEXT DAY DELIVERY (!) INSURED FEDEX SHIPPING. The package contains:

-RNS-E DVD based unit 8E0 035 192 J, with US software/firmware installed

-Cable harness (prepared for Phone, Bose or Non Bose, / CD changer / SAT radio & TEL, Phatnoise)
-Antenna adapter
-GPS antenna
-Removal keys (to remove your existing Symp. radio)
-190 full color pages manual (pdf)

-Unlock code for the unit
-Newest US/ CANADA / HAWAII 2006 DVD

It's simply swapping this unit with the cables I'll send you.

You can also install a Bluetooth module to connect your phone to the RNS-E. It's a little bit more work to install.

I don't sell them for US cars, but I can bring you in contact with US guys that can deliver it, and help you with the install."

This sounds like we may have found our 1 stop shop ... well 2 stops if you want to get the bluetooth as I do. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

·
Registered
189 Posts
*Update*

Well it's been a while since I last posted this ... I've since installed the RSN-e head unit and the bluetooth module with ease. I've alo since hack the VIM thanks to the posts in this forum and updated to the latest ver 0200 DVD firmware. If anyone would like me to recommend some sellers, PM me and I would be very happy to send you to who I used.

Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.