Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2006 A4 and want to know if I can still add NAV at a reasonable price. The dealer told me unless it was factory installed before I bought it, it would not be available to add after. They said that the fiber optic cables are not installed in all the cars. In order to add NAv to my car, he said it would cost $5000-$8000 US. Does anybody have info on this? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Hi, when you have the Symphony radio currently installed in your car, swapping it for the RNS-E will be plug&play! So don't believe your Audi dealer, I've send you a PM to replace it for a much cheaper price..then 5-8K.. :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
And what if I just have a Concert II radio? Is it plug 'n play as well once the double din conversion done? Thx

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
G.H. said:
And what if I just have a Concert II radio? Is it plug 'n play as well once the double din conversion done? Thx
Yes, the Concert and Symphony have the same electrical connectors therefore retrofittign the RNS-E is about the same work - once you got the doublin DIN cage installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.