Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving a 2005 A6 4.2 fully loaded except for NAV system, now my bride wants it installed. Contacted two dealers and got different stories on what parts are needed to install the NAV system. Went to an independent parts house and with my VIN was able to determine the correct DVD unit (4E0-910-887 K) but there is confusion on what else I need for installion. The dealer I have some confidence in quoted an install kit # 4F0-005-322 at $215 but my parts house tells me I should just need a few connectors for around $30. I've ordered the NAVTEQ DVD directly and saved $100 over the dealers quote.

If anyone can point me in the right direction as to what I need to do the install and better yet can provide some instructions I'd be most appreciative. The best thing would be to do the install myself but barring that the next option would be handing over all the parts to the dealer and paying them for the 2.5 hours of labor to do the work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Kad - I have just fitted one to my S6 and found it a doddle. Have a look at the area on this site for fitting instructions and have a read. The only problem I had was the CAN BUS connection needed to be modified a tad, you can see what to done when the unit is out. I also had to buy a cable to link the satnav connector to the existing Symphony wiring - Audi dealer for that. In the UK Audi dealers are fearcly protective of their parts - I found a user friendly dealer who supplied the cable and I was away.

Good luck

CLIVE

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Clive, this is the MMI forum, not RNS-E

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
KAD I can supply a full set of parts with the exception of the DVD-Rom as I'm in europe and do not have a USA DVD.

Kit would include.

DVD Drive
Wiring Harness (Fiber optic)
GPS antenna
Fitting instructions

PM me for details.

Craig

·
Registered
2 Posts
craigyb, how much should I expect to spend in parts (from you) for a full NAV kit shipped to California? This is for a 05 A6 with no sat radio. I also heard that the US A6 version comes pre-installed with nav antenna in the shark fin. Is that right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.