Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. New to group. Actually havent completed transaction yet but im buying from an elderly neighbor a low mileage TT 3.2Q
Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting
roadster. Husband passed and she drives the S6. Anyway...its 17 years old with 21k mileage. Time still takes its toll. 1. Wind deflector comes up on pass side only. 2.slight clunking sound d/s front end. 3.top warning light is on (hoping its the contacts at locking point). 4.common pixel issue with dash. Is it easier to have the center repaired, or install a new/refurbished cluster? I know its a common issue and welcome feedback. Any info on the wind deflector would help as well. Best site to find the belt and any other parts that go south on this item.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are multiple YouTube videos of how the repair is done and usually a new digital display is installed to replace the old one. There are also shops you can send to dash pod to and they will turn it around in a day. I am having one done locally (GA) by a shop that works on speedometers/dash displays/etc. for less than $200. The tricky bit is getting the dash pod out and back in the car, and the fact that removal immobilizes the car (at least I've been told it does on mine, and any new one must be matched-up to the car) so it is out of commission during the repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts