Audi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know something about sharing GALA signal between RNS-E and Allroad suspension?

I recently installed RNS-E in 2003 Allroad and for a few days NAV had a problems with speed signal (usual sympthoms - arrow stuck for a sec on the route line). But after a while NAV "fixed" automatically and everything is working now, but suspension light it's ON. If you VAG it it will show you errors that GALA signal is not present.

Apparently GALA is necessary for ECU to adjust suspension during driving. Now the question is ...is there any way to run GALA wire from other place than DIS or maybe there is a way to recode suspension or modify anything with a VAG?

Thanks for any help ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
Are you sure that you didn't accidentally cut the speed wire when you installed the RNS-E? Any falut codes with VAG-COM besides the light in the cluster? The RNS-E may take a few miles to adjust to the correct tire size, so what you saw may be normal. And the missing speed signal may be intermitten which causes the suspension light to tay on. Check #34 with VAG-COM for faults.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will work on this car in 30 min. so I will re-check everything. I patched to the GALA so I doubt that it is cut. But I will doublecheck this as well.

I will scan with VAG for errors and let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
You can also tap the V-signal for GALA from pin 31 instead of pin 3. The only other thing that is connected to pin 31 is the wiper relay so if you mess something up with this connection, the only thing you will affect are the speed sensitive wipers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...that a great info ;)

Unfortunately I don't think I can test it today. I was on my way to my client when MY CAR BROKE :shock: ....Check engine light is on and it's shaking like crazy. Thanks God I was close to home and I had VAG with me so I found out right away that one cilinder doesn't work :evil:

2 Faults Found:

16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

16687 - Cylinder 3: Misfire Detected
P0303 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded
It's Sunday so everything is closed of course so I need to check spark plugs and coilpacks myself and call dealer tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little update:

Thanx NSX JR for hint...it worked perfect. I rewired pin 3 to 31 and tested Allroad on the highway & VAG. No problems detected.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
PROXUS said:
Thanks...that a great info ;)

Unfortunately I don't think I can test it today. I was on my way to my client when MY CAR BROKE :shock: ....Check engine light is on and it's shaking like crazy. Thanks God I was close to home and I had VAG with me so I found out right away that one cilinder doesn't work :evil:

2 Faults Found:

16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

16687 - Cylinder 3: Misfire Detected
P0303 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded
It's Sunday so everything is closed of course so I need to check spark plugs and coilpacks myself and call dealer tomorrow.
Will hand deliver and install replacement coil pack for screaming deal on RNS-E unit. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rblahetka said:
PROXUS said:
Thanks...that a great info ;)

Unfortunately I don't think I can test it today. I was on my way to my client when MY CAR BROKE :shock: ....Check engine light is on and it's shaking like crazy. Thanks God I was close to home and I had VAG with me so I found out right away that one cilinder doesn't work :evil:

2 Faults Found:

16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

16687 - Cylinder 3: Misfire Detected
P0303 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded
It's Sunday so everything is closed of course so I need to check spark plugs and coilpacks myself and call dealer tomorrow.
Will hand deliver and install replacement coil pack for screaming deal on RNS-E unit. :lol:
dealer took care of it + I ordered 2 just in case to avoid waiting for road assistance :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
PROXUS said:
rblahetka said:
PROXUS said:
Thanks...that a great info ;)

Unfortunately I don't think I can test it today. I was on my way to my client when MY CAR BROKE :shock: ....Check engine light is on and it's shaking like crazy. Thanks God I was close to home and I had VAG with me so I found out right away that one cilinder doesn't work :evil:

2 Faults Found:

16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

16687 - Cylinder 3: Misfire Detected
P0303 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded
It's Sunday so everything is closed of course so I need to check spark plugs and coilpacks myself and call dealer tomorrow.
Will hand deliver and install replacement coil pack for screaming deal on RNS-E unit. :lol:
dealer took care of it + I ordered 2 just in case to avoid waiting for road assistance :D
I always keep 2 in my track bin just in case.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
ejc2008 said:
i thought on B6 there is no gala signal ... only canbus
This thread is discussing an installation on an ALLROAD - which is based on the A6, which has a separate speed signal.

You're correct - B6 and B7 A4's receive the speed signal over the CAN bus.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top