Audi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed an RNS-E into a 2002 A6, replaced the symphony II in the dash and added gala wire from cluster, and GPS receiver behind the cluster

Now the car has no DIS, but has a set of canbus wires to the symphony, orange/brown & orange/lilac. So everything looks rosey, but no.

No ignition startup, no illumination, so I guess no canbus. On further investigation, it seems the car has a convenience canbus supplied to the symphony on pins 7 & 12, not an infotainment can and the RNS-E isn not too pleased to see it.

So what do I do? is there any infotainment canbus available, I don't think there is, the cluster has no grey 32 pin connector as it has no DIS.

So my next step, get an illumination/ignition/speed pulse to canbus converter for the installation.

Any other bright ideas appreciated.

Craig

·
Registered
117 Posts
craigyb said:
convenience canbus supplied to the symphony on pins 7 & 12, not an infotainment can and the RNS-E isn not too pleased to see it.Craig
Pins 7&12 of which connecter...?? You know why i ask..

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pins 7 & 12 of the 20 pin multiconnector, its the two wires in the middle that go to 9 & 10 of the RNS-E connector D

Craig

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
That's the second time now that I read that in cars with no DIS (even not the stripped down version) the comfort CAN is used by the HU and not the infotainment CAN. I guess you are out of luck if the low line instrument cluster has no infotainment CAN. And I'm sure you checked already.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm so "glad" that someone has encoutered this problem too.
I'm not the only one :)

It seems like the only sollution here is a can-convertor

ps, do u know where to get one at a fair price ? ( i have found one on ebay, but i never bought anything from ebay, so i don't trust it fully )

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The end user is getting a converter from ebay, I'm gonna fit it for him.

Craig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts