Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking to upgrade my symphony 2 to a sat nav system. Am i right in thinking that the systems are the same but just with different surounds to fit the car ? if I'm wrong can someone point me in the right direction. am from the UK by the way....thanks alot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and I was told by audi that the part number was AL0 035 192G. Wll other numbers work appart from this as I can't seem to find any reference to it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The 8L0 035 192G is a RNS-D, the one that fits the 1st gen A3 . There is no RNS-E for the 8L but you may be able to modify a A6/4B unit to fit somehow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks mate - what's the difference between that and the one on the link I sent you ? Is there not one that fits exactly in the gap then ?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There is no RNS-E for the 8L, only the RNS-D was ever made for the old A3. The A6 RNS-E is a little wider and definitely supports speed over the speed wire. The A4 unit has the chrome piece at the bottom and is not as wide, which may leave a gap left and right of the RNS-E. In any case you will need to modify the faceplate to fit the 8L.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, have learnt alot after going through the posts on this site - does anyone on this site sell this unit or tell me where I can get it from ?? am having problems tracking one down

·
Registered
37 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
If you want the RNS-E then the A6 4B0 unit is your best bet. You can see the gap at the top, here covered with some chrome trim.
Hey AudiA4B6US,

Will these be direct plug and play?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
David A3T said:
AudiA4B6US said:
If you want the RNS-E then the A6 4B0 unit is your best bet. You can see the gap at the top, here covered with some chrome trim.
Hey AudiA4B6US,

No, they wil require faceplate modifications.

·
Registered
37 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
David A3T said:
AudiA4B6US said:
Hey AudiA4B6US,

No, they wil require faceplate modifications.
Ok thanks, by faceplate modifications do you just mean that gap where the chrome strip is and the climate control unit adjustment?

I really meant are the cables etc. all plug and play?

Thanks again

David

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I'm sure you can source an adapter harness that matches your car but I'm not sure if you will need to grap the CAN signal from behind the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
37 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
I'm sure you can source an adapter harness that matches your car but I'm not sure if you will need to grap the CAN signal from behind the instrument cluster.
Dammit I'm very new to all this so I really don't know what your talking about but it doesn't sound like an easy DIY job :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts