Audi Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I've added the nav plus and powered it up and it all seems ok with the exception that I didn't get the radio stations or CD track displayed on the instrument console. This was as expected because I hadn't added the CAN connectors.

I then added the TMC unit following both Dan Gold and Teddy's excellent sites. So I connected the CAN lines to the DIS no problem (Pins 5 and 6 on the Grey connector).

However this is the bit I'm confused about:

Dan Gold's site says to remove the CAN wires from Connector I (Pins 7 and 12) - see attached, and connect these to the Nav+ 26-pin connector (Pins 13 and 26) or the TMC connector (Pins 2 and 3) instead if you are fitting one. (ok - I know this is for an A4).

Teddy's guide (for Symphony 1 to Nav+) has these CAN pins (7 and 12) marked as not used.

My problem is that I don't have any CAN signal wires in my Connector I (Pins 7 and 12)

So what do I need to do to get data on the DIS?

a) Remove the CLK, Data, and Enable pins from Connector I (Pins 8, 9 and 10) which are still connected?
b) Do I need to find CAN bus wires and connect these to TMC Pins 2 and 3? Or is the CAN bus connected from somewhere else to the DIS perhaps?

Any help much appreciated (or links etc).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts