Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of a 2007 Audi A4 and it's fully loaded, nav and every option that you can think except the bluetooth or onstar. They didn't have one on the lot with bluetooth and I didn't want to order it because will take two months to get the car. My question is if anybody knows if the car is prewired for bluetooth and all I need is the module, BT antenna and the mic plus all othe obd programming? I took apart the cover where the mic it's suppose to go, by the sunroof switch and I can see two cables in there, one it's a 2 pin connector ( my guess wil be that the MIC will go there) and also there is another black connector that has 4 pin. Let me know, thanks a lot. I will try to attach two pictures with the connectors and if anyone can tell me what are those for will be great.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If the sticker doesn't say you got BT then you did not get BT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, but do I still need ot get the wiring harness or the wires are there and all I need are the components?
Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The only wire that may be in your car is the microphone wire between the interior lights and the fuse box area. But it's easier to get a retrofit harness and wire up everythign from scratch. You don't have the box under the passenger seat either and would need to get that or put the interface behind the glovebox.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
With the notable exception of pre-wiring for the sat radio, Audi do not pre-wire their cars for options that are not fitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help guys

I guess I will need to get teh wiring harness too. Now I need to go to the dealer and try my phone with one of their cars to see if my phone book and my calls will get transfered properly or not. I have the Motorola A1200 smart phone (also called Ming) and with my oem bluetooth from the BMW it doesn't transfer the phone book.
I will post the results so maybe will be added to the phone compatible list that it's on this forum.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pre-wired microphone in A4 B7 - Where does the wire end up ?

I am about to install the BT module in my A4 (B7), and noticed that the MIC is pre-wired from the roof.....

Does anybody know where the wire goes, or a good place to hack in to it ??

Did a forum search but no finds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts