Audi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to place an order for a '06 A4 with the tech package. I would prefer to not get navi now and add it down the road if needed. But if I do it this way will I have to get a new bluetooth unit to go with the navi or will the bluetooth that comes with the car remain useable? (Im asking this because I was told by someone that if you get the tech package without navi the blue tooth unit is part of the symphony II radio and if you remove the symphony II to install a RNS-E you'll be removing the bluetooth too.) If I would need a new bluetooth, it might be cheaper to get nav upfront. Anyone know the truth? TIA.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
The only way to get (installed) Bluetooth from dealer is to buy a car with NAV and Bluetooth TEL interface.

TEL interface is a separate box and it is not related or included to Symphony II in any way.

You can always add TEL interface to your existing setup.

IMHO the best way for you would be to order car with NAV and TEL interface already or the one without Tech package so you can remove everything and install NAV and TEL package on your own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PROXUS said:
The only way to get (installed) Bluetooth from dealer is to buy a car with NAV and Bluetooth TEL interface.
Thats funny cause the audi website and my dealer have a different opinion. According to the options page on audiusa the technology package comes with bluetooth. I dont see any disclaimers there that nav must be ordered also to have it included in the tech package.

Can anyone confirm that their '06 with tech package but not navi doesnt have bluetooth?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The phone interface with BT is never part of the head unit and always a separate device. You can get the phone interface without the navi but the functionality is limited to the DIS and voice control. With the navi you get a couple more features. In any case you can always add the navi later. And it's much easier if you already have the multifunction steering wheel and BT phone interface installed.

Search on AudiWorld in the A4/S4 B7 forum and you will find a couple guys who have the phone interface with BT but no navi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! So I may lose a little functionality without nav but I should still be able to make and receive phone calls. If I add nav later on, will I get full functionality then? (ie. the bluetooth and nav will synch up automatically)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Correct.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My two cents having a car with Nav from factory and BT added later is that
if you want to have this functionality even if not right now, order them with your car and then you wont have to deal with the installs, recoding, etc.

·
Registered
189 Posts
True, but what about us who didn't think ahead and realized that they would like it after the fact? My car has 4k on it and only now do I really want to add the new toys ... bad case of wanting the car before you see the options.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I think the question here was what to do when ordering a new car. Most of use here have cars the want to keep at least for a while which makes it worth to spend some money on upgrades. I for example have no need anymore to get a B7, I just stay with my B6 and wait for the B8 or A5 to show up in a year or two. But if you are going to order a new car you should seriously consider adding all the options you really want when you order it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts