Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-

I have been attempting to install the V60 bluetooth module fron Jamie Cooper in my wofe's 2004 A8L. I was having problems with the MMI recognizing the phone. I took it to my local dealership yesterday and, after 3.5 hours of their time, it appears my car does not have a factory phone module/system installed. I was under the impression that ALL A8 D3's have the system in place and that all one needed to do was purchase a phone and cradle. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on this?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have never seen a D3 without a phone module of some kind i think all 2004's had audi telematics(on star) and the cradle snapped into the center counsel under the arm rests

is this a us spec D3????
if it is can you shoot me the VIN# so i can look up what the car had factory installed?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
smalk said:
Hi Jack-

Thanks for the help! It is a US spec delivered to Bend, Oregon.

VIN = <removed>
Best NOT to put VIN numbers in an open forum like this (can be used as part of vehicle "cloning" to make a stolen car "legal" - please PM it and let me know so I can remove it from here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ok it looks like the car has telematics(onstar) but other then that i dont see anything

all phone functions go through the telematics module for cars that have telematics

do you have the buttons by the sunroof switch for the telematics?

the module is under the carpet on the driver side front floor

other than that i cant think of anything else i would have to see the car

sorry

also please delete that VIN from the forum

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I do have the buttons/Onstar in the upper consol. I talked with the Audi Advocate and he states that the V60 should/will work in thr car. I sincerely doubt it!

Any other ideas/thoughts on how to proceed? Is the module under the driver's seat? Is it easily recognized?

Does anyone have a old V60 phone that I could rent/use to try it out?

Thanks so very much for your help.

I have asked the moderator to delete my VIN posting...sorry!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Dave,

I tried to PM you, but it did not seem to work.

You quoted the VIN # in your post above, maybe you should edit your post to delete the VIN.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
bjarne said:
Dave,

I tried to PM you, but it did not seem to work.

You quoted the VIN # in your post above, maybe you should edit your post to delete the VIN.
Fixed

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
bjarne said:
Fixed
Thanks, Dirk - the advantage of having moderators in two time zones!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The module is called a Bluetooth "puck". It fits in the telephone cradle where the V60 phone would normally go. It allows use of a Bluetooth enabled phone through the factory system (if mine was working correctly). The price is about $350 for the puck.

Audi does not recognize this as an update alternative to the antiquated V60 set up.

I have this same set up in my 2002 Mercedes G500 and it works seamlessly. Mercedes now actually sells this puck through the dealership! I don't know why Audi won't.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
One reason would be that Audi never supported any V60 but their own Audi branded V60. I guess Audi added some tweak to the V60 firmware to make work smoother with the car. Knowing that Audi wouldn't support any Motorola V60 it's no suprise that they don't support the BT puck. It's like not working 100% fine with the Audi and they don't want to spend any time on creating a custom firmware. Mercedes probably sells that thing because they found it working fine with their own phone kit. But you cannot really compare those two configurations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts