Audi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've recently been able to upgrade my software to 0200 (from 0150) and i've noticed the following when playing MP3's from my SD Card:
  • Some songs don't appear in the correct order - i've checked the track numbering to be ok
  • Some songs don't show up on the display
  • It used to auto scroll the track and file names before software 0150, is that feature not in the 0200 software anymore ?
I've read another post somehwere where there is a known bug in the ID3V2 tags, i've used Ascii encoding but still get the issues above.

So my question is has anyone else got these issues and is there going to be a update after 0200 addressing this ?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
is there going to be a update after 0200 addressing this?
Nope, the pre-2010 RNS-E is obsolete as far as Audi are concerned and there will be no more SW updates for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PetrolDave, but i've got the new version RNS-E, Mk2 with the high res display. Is that the case too ?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Thanks PetrolDave, but i've got the new version RNS-E, Mk2 with the high res display. Is that the case too ?
No, that's still a current product so we can expect SW updates to continue while it's still fitted to current production cars (which won't be for much longer since the A3 is moving to MMI and the TT shares the same platform, so that will leave only the R8 using the RNS-E).

Audi never give any information about what bug fixes and/or enhancements will be in new software versions, nor even if/when there will be a new software version.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ohhh...

Piratebay is your best bet then. Personally, I'm just gonna go with original discs from now on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi
I've recently been able to upgrade my software to 0200 (from 0150) and i've noticed the following when playing MP3's from my SD Card:
  • Some songs don't appear in the correct order - i've checked the track numbering to be ok
  • Some songs don't show up on the display
  • It used to auto scroll the track and file names before software 0150, is that feature not in the 0200 software anymore ?
I've read another post somehwere where there is a known bug in the ID3V2 tags, i've used Ascii encoding but still get the issues above.

So my question is has anyone else got these issues and is there going to be a update after 0200 addressing this ?

thanks
How did you upgrade from 0150 to 0200?

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts